Hall Sensor & altitude sensor location in a 5000 S (KZ) [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Hall Sensor & altitude sensor location in a 5000 S (KZ)

CaifanSC
09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I was gathering parts from a car in the junk yard to diagnose a no start condition in a 5Ks that is out of the states. I wanted to take the Hall sensor & altitude sensors too...but I couldnt find those. The donor car was a 5ks avant wagon (non quattro and not turbo). From my brief reading through the board I remember reading that the hall sensor was near the bellhousing, but I did not see it. I had no clue where to look for the altitude sensor.

I have the bentley manuals, but its taking me a bit to learn how to use them and I couldnt find any diagrams that gave the locations for the sensors. Thanks for any help!

audiqv8
09-05-2008, 05:39 PM
The hall sensor is located inside the distributor. It is also known as the cam sensor since the distributor is turned by the camshaft.

The altitude sensor is used on turbo engine to allow the ECU to adjust the fuel/air mixture due to barometric pressure. Since your car isn't a turbo it doesn't have an ECU but instead an ignition module.

CaifanSC
09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
aaha!! Thanks for the clarification. I saw the distributor and I saw that electrical connector going to it...and I thougth of grabbing that too, but it was hella hot and I was in a hurry to get those parts clened and ready for the trip. I hope the stuff I sent is enough to fix the issue.