S-Tronic / DSG gearbox reset [Archive] - Audi Forums

: S-Tronic / DSG gearbox reset

LJP
03-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi, I have recently taken delivery of a new 170bhp 2.0 tdi A3 sportback and am not getting on with the S-troinc gearbox, which is a shame because the 3 year old 140bhp tdi that i test drove was perfect.

Does anyone know if the gerabox software is supposed to be adaptive, or self learning for driving style ? I thought I might try pulling the fuses so that it resets to default settings.

The gearbox holds onto each gear until about 2200-2400RPM and then makes a very slow slushy change like a full auto over 1-2 seconds.

Badger61
03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I would suggest giving it a few miles to settle in as it will adapt.Please do not remove the fuse, this will not reset it and cause a few headaches for other control units using gearbox information. The 170 engine uses DPF and is a totally different animal to the 140.

LJP
03-27-2008, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the reply but i have put 5500 miles on the car in 9 weeks and would hope everything was bedded in by now, perhaps it is time to see how helpful the dealer is and suggest they re-load the gearbox software.

Badger61
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I would suggest an oil flush and refill plus a search for any updates available, the service solutions are now live and updated almost everyday now so it may be a known issue.