Tyre pressures 2.0tfsi quattro s-line [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Tyre pressures 2.0tfsi quattro s-line

Pie8r
02-28-2008, 05:33 AM
Hi all.

Anyone give me some good advice for tyre pressures please. Car is a 2.0tfsi quattro s-line with Revo remap, 19inch RS4 wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 235/35/19 extra load 91Y. Car is bouncing a little when cornering hard which didn't occur when I had Toyo Proxes running on standard tyre pressures. All suspension is OK and standard.

casman
03-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Before getting myself the latest S3 I had a blue Audi exactly like yours, three door, S-Line, BBS CH 18" wheels, Continental SportContact3 tyres and later on Pirelli PZeroRossos, engine upgrade by BSR, fully adjustable PSS9 Bilstein suspension.....

Right before I put the Bilsteins on, my S-Line suspension set up was pretty fine! Much better then the standard car! It was a bit jumpy under pressure though...

Beware that the suspension geometry set-up for an S-Line car is different from the stock sport suspension that A3 2.0TFSIs come with! I do not know if you originally ordered the car with an S-Line Package or put it on later in its life?

Anyhow, the tyre pressure I found good to drive was 2.5 front, 2.1 rear, if I remember well. A little experimentation does not hurt since I leave in Greece and the road quality is bound to be better over there!

If you try my settings please tell me how it drove on British roads! Ta.

Pie8r
03-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I bought the car new, and yes it is a factory fitted S-line in Avus Silver. I changed the 18" standard S-line wheels for the 19" RS4 which has filled the wheel arches nicely.

The standard tire size was 225/40/18 with pressures of 2.6 front and 2.4 rear. It was fitted with Continetal Sport Contact 3s but when I changed the wheels I had Toyo Proxes TR1 fitted. The standard pressures were fine and worked well.

I have tried all sorts of pressures and have now found that the 30 psi (2.1 bar) all round seems to work alot better as I think that the Michelin Pilot Sports have a harder side wall than the TOYO's and therefore this , coupled with the higher tyre pressures was causing the bouncing.

Oh, by the way, our roads are not much better than Greek roads at present. I don't know what the Government are spending our road tax on but it certainly isn't maintainance

Are you happy with the S3? I always enjoy giving S3 drivers a wave as I leave them behind. Revo remap, milltek cat back system enables quite a few more horses than the standard S3. One day I will be shown a clean set of heels by a remapped S3 but until that day, I will enjoy myself.

Cheers and drive safe!

casman
03-18-2008, 06:28 AM
well, well. I do not know if you indeed have more bhp than the stock S3 but it surely sounds like you have a super gearing too! ;) Otherwise waving goodbye to a car with 272hp and 350Nm of torque, you must have more than 300hp, much more...

Maybe you overstressed your point a bit, maybe you can just follow it and play, or just stay in front. Waving needs many more horses to do... :)

Even a new S3 with an MTM, Oettinger or Sportec etc engine upgrade to around 310bhp does not improve o to 62 times by more then 2 -3 tenths of a second! As for the top speed, inspite people's braggings about it, it just moves up 8 to 13 more klm, i.e. to a top speed of 258 or 263 klm/h

So as to put it in perspective, your car had a factory top speed of 234 - 236, depending on load and extras. With a serious engine uprgade, one that would bring your car closer to 300bhp, it would still go near or up to 250klm/h! tops!!!

And because the turbo you are using is small for high air volumes, the last 20 - 30 klm before achieving the top speed would be achingly slow...

Nevertheless, I feel fine that my old car was such a hit. Who knows, maybe I've done a bad job selling it to buy the new S3... :confused:

Pie8r
03-18-2008, 02:34 PM
She is a quick car but no quicker than a stock S3, but definately equal to it. It's just nice to see the shock on the face of the driver when having a bit of a play when you are still right behind. ;)

I dont know what the top speed is as I haven't taken it above 140mph. I believe the car should be good for 150+mph.
In gear speeds are what the re-map is all about, dependent on the boost/air/fuel settings on the Revo SPS3, coupled with the smaller turbo, gives less lag. The exact figures are 270 bhp with 306 lb/ft (415nm) torque. Clearly better than the S3 which is 261 bhp with 258lb/ft (350nm) torque. I don't know why yours has 272 bhp, perhaps more power for Greek market!

I wish I had done this months ago as it has transformed the car from a quick car to a capable hot hatch with an abundance of grip.

I almost bought a 330i. :confused: This is my 1st Audi but certainly not the last. I don't think you have done a a bad job buying the S3, I just couldn't justify spending the extra money, but if you can afford it, why not