audi s3 clutch slip [Archive] - Audi Forums

: audi s3 clutch slip

S3_Ren
12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
hi everyone i'm new this site,
i've just bought a 52 plate audi s3, i've only had the s3 for 10 days and bought it from shrewbury audi with 51k on it, love the car to bits but the clutch slipped on it, so i called the dealership where i bought it from and they reckon they've done a pdi check on it before i bought it and are saying its down to my driving :mad: and comes under wear and tear?
has anyone ever had this problem?
cause i think this is very unfair as they want me to pay for the cost even though its still got 12 months warranty.

rizwankhan2001
12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
i think this problem should be resolved through warranty if not it should be resolved through the "cooling off period" which is when you buy a car through a respectable company they give you this cooling off period and means that if anything goes wrong in say the next day 15 or 10 days it can be sorted through this even if the car has a fault which was not seen at the time of purchase i think maybe the dealer you bought the car from maybe knew of this problem but did not tell you and now is tuning a blind eye to it good luck m8

Steve T
02-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Did you get it fixed?

What was the problem?

Mine has also done the same after 5,000 miles since purchase. Its now on 102k, but had a new clutch at 75k and Master Cylinder at 93k. I suspect a gearbox oil seal or Dual Mass Flywheel problem, but haven't investigated fully yet.