2.8 Intakes? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 2.8 Intakes?

FullersCustomShop
09-09-2007, 01:32 PM
I was just wondering what Intake others are using on their Audi. as a online retailer I do not currently offer any intakes for audi which is horrible since I own one. So I would like to change that and need to know who is using what and if they like the intake or not. I ust got an accout with AEM but I dont believe they offer one either. I myself need one for a 1996 A4 with 2.8. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
Paul
www.fullerscustomshop.com

98 A4
09-26-2007, 10:43 AM
I know that K&N have a intake kit for the A4 1.8 which is pretty cheap and some more expensive intakes is the Carbonio and EVO intake. A suggestion for you on the intakes is since alot of people make their own you should get the adapters for the MAF sensor on the intake, I think that would help alot of people so that they wouldn't have to make their own for the MAF.

FullersCustomShop
09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Thank you, I am aware of the K&N, and a Bomz racing intake Im just finishing final details on that account. I am not aware of the Carbonio and EVO intake would you happen to know a website for them? I do offer Maf adapters will be adding a few with new account and also offer them from weapon R but not specific for any Audi I will have to look into that.

lordoftherings
04-29-2008, 10:23 AM
you can get a short ram intake for the 2.8 off ebay for about $40 with filter worked fine on my 2.8, but if you get it keep in mind you'll need some mounting hardware and you might want to modify the stock box to add as a blocker to keep water out of the engine bay. (the stock box acts as part of the wheel well)

docurley
04-29-2008, 11:11 AM
I ran a CDA/BMC unit on my old 2.8 Supercharged A4 which I custom fitted but to be honest there is little gains to be had although I felt the BMC did improve things but stock works fine compared to all the other cone filters which will loose you power rather than gain.