need help. i want to lower my a4. thanks. [Archive] - Audi Forums

: need help. i want to lower my a4. thanks.

sixtons
08-09-2007, 03:50 AM
just got my first audi. 2007 a4 2.0 fwd s-line, 18" wheels.

i would like to lower it, mostly for looks. i am satisfied with how it handles now.

s-line is supposed to already have upgraded suspension and be 20mm lower than stock. i want to lower it to eliminate wheel gap without spending too much money (hoping for $1000 or less), but i dont want ride quality to be too far degraded just for looks.

i am new to suspension, and just trying to figure out the differences between coilovers vs. replacing shocks and springs.

any suggestions on specific products and approximate prices?

also, if any lives in los angeles area, any suggestion on reliable shop to perform work?

thanks for your help.

rix1974
08-11-2007, 11:37 PM
I am also considering the thought of lowering mine and although I don't alot regarding the differences, but from what I've heard, coilovers are the best (which is definitely shown in their price).
I was considering going with the Eibach Pro-Kit (1.2" drop) although if you are looking for lower they offer a sport-line (1.7" drop) both around $250. I have heard that you should get the entire Pro or Sport "System" which is about $500. Keep in mind that none of this includes installation, and the only prices I have been quoted was about $400. Hope this helps get you started.

sixtons
08-22-2007, 10:58 PM
rixxx - some forum members suggested H&r sport (or race) springs with bilstein shocks as a good combo. the springs run about 250 and the shocks 400-500. but i dont think bilstein makes shox for 07 yet (not available on their website at least). you may want to consider this option for your ride.

i will be looking at eibach pro kit for my ride... they make a kit for 07 and the price is good. have you heard anything about eibach, good or bad?

thanks. good luck.

rix1974
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
The only experience I have had in regards to springs, is with Eibach. I had them on my previous car, and they worked extremely well. I plan on buying from them again, and only from them, due to my previous success with their line.
Keep me updated and send me photos if you get a chance.
- Rick

sixtons
09-17-2007, 02:03 PM
rick, thanks for the info. just got all of the parts ordered. hoping to get everything installed beginning of oct. will post some pix when everything is done.
thanks.