Online petition: Availability of quattro and manual transmission on 2008 Audi TT [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Online petition: Availability of quattro and manual transmission on 2008 Audi TT

Razor1973
05-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Guys, I have started an online petition for this that I'm planning to send to Audi of America and Audi AG once we've collected enough signatures.

If you too want Audi to offer quattro and a manual transmission on the Mk2 TT 2.0 soon please, please, please take 1 minute to sign this petition. All you need is your name and e-mail address and it doesn't even have to be public if you choose to hide it.

Thanks. ;)

Availability of quattro and manual transmission on 2008 Audi TT Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/qn6fortt/petition.html)

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/17082/2001000047661868802_rs.jpg

Roadster
05-15-2007, 11:08 AM
If I may : The Auto / DSG Gearbox is the best invention since sliced toast (and the GPS and Golf and of course sex and so on ... :p )

Seriously : I have been a " manual driver" for 30 years.

I bought the Touareg V6Tdi and Golf V 2,0 Tdi and now the Roadster TT in " DSG" - A manual gearbox will never see me again.

Sorry I do not want to influence your petition. Just my 2 pennies worth.

Roadster

Razor1973
05-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Other than the fact that this is off-topic (*LOL*), I must say I agree DSG is amazing, but still not perfect. Realize that the biggest manual freak would decide to give an auto transmission a try after 30 years, so you're not only switching for the might of DSG, but looking to take a break. :p

Roadster
05-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Hi Razor,

Sorry my English is not good so pardon please.
If you refer to my driving over 30 years. Yes I have had 54 cars at the last count and only one auto since last year and that was a Merc 230 (not E).
It is absolute fascinating what happened over the past 30 years and excpet gadgets and so on and new ugly cars I think by far the biggest improvements must be :

1. The Diesel Engine

and 2 (back to the topic) the " auto" gearbox in it's various forms.

So If I where an American I would sign for the Quatro but to me the Manual is a waist of precious time and energy on the left foot ;)

But as I say that is personal.

I wish you luck with your petition !

Good day

Cassie

SA and Libya
2006 V6 Tdi Touareg Auto
2006 Golf V 2,0 Tdi Sport DSG
2007 TT Roadster 2,0 DSG (in 2 weeks Inshalaha)
On Order : 2007 Q7 V8 Tdi of course with a 6 speed Auto ;)