Black/black 95 S6 totaled/parting [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Black/black 95 S6 totaled/parting

944fest
01-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Hiya guys, long time Audi guy here (I learned to drive in a 100LS) with a couple of Q's for you. A close friend just lost his black/black 95 S6 to a rear end hit. His wife hit an ice patch, spun out and backed into a car ahead. I have driven the crunched car at low speeds and it seems fine, other than the fender liner rubbing on the back wheel. The trunk is wiped out, the back window broke. Drivers side rear door opens and closes like new, passenger side works but rubs. It was a sub 80K mile car with lots of recent maint including the belts. He bought the car back from the insurance company and now we are looking at a parting out project, or sell as whole. We looked hard at doing a "weld-on-a-new-rear" but it seems too extensive. Visions of a track car danced thru our heads, but alas the budget isn't there. BTW the car is near Cleveland, Ohio.

Anyway, here are some Q's. I've parted Porches before, but this will be the first Audi. If you'd be so kind, give me an insight to what we've got here. How desirable is the powerplant, suspension, interior, etc? If we were to accept a lump price (ebay?) for the driveable (but not street legal) hunk what is a ballpark price? I've already heard all of the "it ain't worth nothing, so for $20 I'll haul it away" jokes so you can keep those. ;) Thanks in advance for any info. If you want a certain part, please e-mail me with a request and an offer. We probably won't get started for a week or two, depending. This is also listed in the classifieds.

Thanks

rs4
02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Hello 944fest I Unfortunatly Am Unable To Help You With Your Task But Maybe You Would Be Able To Help Me. I Am Looking For A Kkk26 Or 27 Turbo And Have Know Idea What The Going Rate Is On Such A Thing And I Figured You Can Be Of Some Asistance Being A Porche Guy And All I Also May Be Interested In The Seat Of Your Freind Poor Car And May Be A Couple Other Items If You Do Choose To Part.
I Live In Cinci So If Its Cost Effective I Could Come And Pick The Parts Up.thank You

944fest
02-16-2007, 09:19 PM
We've accepted a four digit interior offer, that is gone. Turbo prices range from $200 to $1200, it depends on what you want. There are certainly better folks to advise turbo options. The engine package is up on ebay now. Give us a week or two to get the dissasembly started, then e-mail with the other parts requests, OK?

theperfecto1
03-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Are you still parting out this car and if so do you still have the stock radio?

Please let me know!

Thanks!

--
perfecto

944fest
03-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Sorry, the radio is gone. I put up a website to update on what is left.
http://www.944fest.com/AudiParts.htm

Thanks for the interest.