A6 2,6 Quattro 1995 - problems replacing the fuel pump [Archive] - Audi Forums

: A6 2,6 Quattro 1995 - problems replacing the fuel pump

cityshark
01-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi guys.

First of all - greetings from Czech Republic.. :)

Now the problem:
Days ago my fuel pump died on me, so I bought a new one and started to replace it.

Extracting the old one was a nightmare. From an WV I recieved a advice, that to take out the old pump I should rotate it 90 degrees and pull out. I did that and guess what: the pump is away, but the plastic housing of the pump (the white bastardious thing in the bottom of the tank) got mispositioned. The inner part of it seems to be few inches upper than it was, it's kind of stuck (cannot rotate, cannot push it nor pull it) and three small black rubber cylindres are fowing in the gas.

I got an idea that these three little rubber cylindres are there to make some kind of shock absorbing - is it right? Is there a way to get the whole plastic housing together just through the upper hole in the tank? ...or is it simple impossible? ...can this be made from bottom of the tank?

Any ideas at all? I'd be very pleased for any guides and so... Thanks...

cityshark
02-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Well although no one replied, maybe my further experience will be useful for someone...

The mispositioned holder of the pump seems to not affect the fuel pumping at all. My car workes with that with almost 2000kms...

Anyway still i'm planning to replace the holder in summer.

maciel
07-01-2007, 03:49 PM
hi there! my audi 100's fuel pump got died as well.. i got a new one but.. the old one got stuck at the bottom of the fuel tank! do you have a special tool to get it out? i got al teh parts separated.. just the hole and the fuel pump at the bottom..

help me please.. i need to get it out faster!!
tks []