99.5 A4 2.8 Upgrade Ideas [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 99.5 A4 2.8 Upgrade Ideas

Edge85
04-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi all, Looking to put some more go in my relatively new to me 99.5 2.8 A4 Quattro... Have B&M short shift, and K&N Cone intake. I'm planning on the PES supercharger down the road... way down the road, and am looking for things i can do in the interim... Also Engine has 97k on it, so im thinking of a rebuild before/when i do the PES... any thoughts on that? Any and all advice is much appreciated...

BTW Any thoughts on Milltek cat-back vs Custom Remus exhaust? How about a custom Dual like the B6s?

AllWheelGrip
04-12-2006, 03:18 PM
i think a custom dual would be nice if its done tastefully
but u can work on ur suspenion like coilovers and sway bars

Edge85
04-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Ah, question about coilovers. Im not sure what the difference if any are between coilovers and a new set of springs and shocks..... Also is it possible to use H&R sport springs with stock shocks, until i can afford some bilstein sports... also bilstein vs koni...

AllWheelGrip
04-13-2006, 03:25 PM
coilovers you can adjust the hieght to the way you like and hte more expensive ones allow u to adjust the dampering and ride

shocks and sprngs are just a one set hight thing

kazyee
04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
damn im like a pro with coilovers now after readin all of this thanks Grip :clap:

klintman
07-06-2006, 01:47 AM
getting a performance rear sway bar will be the most bang for the buck. a set would be better. swaybay set, good tires, and coilovers will have you making new excuses just to get out and drive.

mandoh
07-20-2006, 09:14 PM
well i just got 2 new toys for my 98 2.8l a4. i just got a giac chip from awetuning, and a full exhaust sys from milltek. i didnt install the exhaust yet, but the chip makes a hell of a diff. i bought it from the water fest show and had them install it for me. i got a deal on it. u can really tell the diff. up in the 80-100 mph range. and as far as suspension, i just plan on getting the H&R race springs and front&rear sway bars. i was gonna get coil overs, but i wont be autocrossing the car everyday, so i still get some good ride quality w/ springs. AND ITS ALOT CHEAPER. lol

txvike
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
How much or what is the average cost for the chip ? And your exhaust do you have duals or just standard cat back? need to know what exhaust system would be better for the cost? I have 2000 a4 2.8 single out the back. I assume if I go dual I would have to mod rear bumber