Suspension Trouble On V6 2.8 Cabriolet [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Suspension Trouble On V6 2.8 Cabriolet

peegeetips.
03-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Hello to you all,

I have an audi v.6 cabriolet 2.8, & recently the suspension on the drivers side front has started knocking, & even on the slightest of bumps it can be heard,to me it sounds like a worn bush somewhere within the set up.I've really only noticed it since the weather has been cold,& wasn't aware of any noise prior to this in the summer. I've read reports on the suspension playing up, but none seem to pin point the possible actual fault. Had it looked at & checked out, & guess what, no play found anywhere!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PG

g-mo
03-02-2006, 09:08 AM
hi there

have you checked the wishbone bushes and the top strut mount? The top mount especially produces a subtle knocking and can make the car wander on changes in road surface. I have had to replace all these more than once, and as the cabrio is based on the 80, I'm assuming the steering is very similar?

Don't get cheap aftermarket bushes, as they fall apart - I got some from blauparts in the US and they have been great

peegeetips.
03-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Nice one thanks,

They will be the first areas that i'll get checked, & funny you should say about the steering wandering on different road surfaces.......I thought maybe it was the tread on the front tyres being low, but concidering that they have recently been changed, with not much difference, it would maybe point to the suspension.I know that cars with large wheels & lowered suspension wander a bit anyway, but this could be being exaggerated by the warn bush(s).

Thanks again, hopefully it will be just the remidy.

PG