Clear Bra [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Clear Bra

cruzan
11-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Has anyone had the clear protective film (3M, Llumar, Venture) installed one their car? Any comments of which one, wear looks, etc.

Thanks in Advance

bhb399mm
11-17-2004, 09:28 PM
i've heard about clear bra's.. but never known anyone who tried one... seems like a great idea... but.. maybe causes a problem when removing it?

not sure.. interested to see any reactions from people who've used them. B)

pdicustoms
12-07-2004, 07:03 PM
I have been installing clear bra's for over 3 years and there is nothing better for the front of your car. You should never have to take it off unless you hit a rock hard enough to dent or damage the car itself or a collision. If for some reason you do have to remove it it can be slowly peeled off as long as its at least room temp. May take a little cleaner for glue but most will come off. I had repainted my lexus sc bumper twice in one year due to rock chips. It is alot cheaper than painting the front end of a car and if installed correctly looks stealth. It is not a do it yourself type of thing. Not saying you cant do it but the finished product wont look near as good as a pro job would. Its harder than window tinting and requires streaching the material and if not carefull you will get streatch marks and a bad finished product. All the materials do a good job but the venture product seems to be the cleanest and most durable on the market. The product does have 99% uv protection in it and most carry a 5 year warranty and some lifetime. I have used it for 2 years on the highway and track with no problems and looks as good as when it was applied. Hope that sheds a little light on the product for you guys.

bhb399mm
12-08-2004, 04:39 AM
thanks for the info... recomend any shops in SoCal?

pdicustoms
12-08-2004, 05:49 PM
www.invisiblepatterns.com

bhb399mm
12-09-2004, 03:38 AM
thanks.. great link

mark_3m_bra_man
12-20-2004, 12:20 PM
you may want to check out www.ultrashieldusa.com for more installers and available kits.

i have had great luck with 3M film. it has been on the market the longest and has lots of tests done on it. how can you go wrong with 3M? plus comes with a great warranty.

i would have to agree, do not try to install any film by yourself or it will look (poor most of the time).

pdicustoms
12-25-2004, 05:44 PM
The only problem with the 3M film is that it has alot of orange peel. The venture has no orange peel and has a lifetime warranty versus the 5year form 3M. The 3M also has a hard coat which scratches real easy and will eventually turn yellow. I have used them all and have never had problems with the venture product. 3M isnt a bad film and yes they have been around the longest but they also have the oldest tech. which makes it an outdated product. To each their own but just a little info for you from a pro.

DoctorVertical
12-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Have latest tech from 3M. Lifetime warranty, never turns yellow. sweet for anyone who drives in winter or where street debris may scratch the paint. Totally satisfied with the 3M product. Make sure to cover the headlights as well.
Dr. Vert

kris6445
01-19-2005, 11:08 AM
[quote=pdicustoms,Dec 8 2004, 03:03 AM]
Hi i want to ask you do i have to paint the car before placeing the film because i have a 2 or 3 scratches and holes in the paint from little rocks.
Thank you in advance.

bhb399mm
01-19-2005, 01:23 PM
you wouldnt have to paint the car unless you wanted the scratches removed. then the clear bra would protect your new paint

CA2.7TS
03-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Just had the paint protection film applied to the front end. Excellent job and the installer went out of his way to modify the pattern to add protection on the front quarter panels where it comes off the hood. He also did the door edges and the upper surface of the back bumper where you might catch the bumper when you are loading soimething into the truck. All lights headlight units and fog lights were covered. Side mirrors impact zones were as well.

Took him approx. 4 hours and you need to be looking for it or have the light catch it just right. Lifetime warranty on product.

On the way home, caught a few bugs - nice sunny 65 degree day. When I got home, I rubbed my finger across the film and the dry bug juice just lifted right off.

My installer recommended using Plexus and a wax cover. The Plexus product will clean and fill in the voids of the film and the wax will assist in the protection process.

I look at it as money well spent and easier car care overall.

Remember - the bug juice just liffted right off. The summer is going to be great!

See you around,

CA2.7TS :thumbsup: