Audi Forums banner

what is A2DP music?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  westv 
#1 ·
#2 ·

A2DP stands for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile. This is the Bluetooth Stereo profile which defines how high quality stereo audio can be streamed from one device to another over a Bluetooth connection - for example, music streamed from a mobile phone to wireless headphones.

Although many products may have Bluetooth enabled for voice calls, in order for music to be streamed from one Bluetooth device to another, both devices will need to have this A2DP profile. If both devices to do not contain this profile, you may still be able to connect using a standard Headset or Handsfree profile, however these profiles will not support stereo music.

Examples:
SLVR L7 or i880 and S9 Stereo Headphones — Both of these products have the Headset and Handsfree Bluetooth Profiles. The S9 also has the A2DP profile. Since the L7 or i880 handset does not have the A2DP profile, you will only be able to use the S9 for standard voice calls.

MOTOKRZR K1 or ic902 and S9 Stereo Headphones — Both of these products have multiple Bluetooth profiles, which include the A2DP profile. Creating a Bluetooth connection between these 2 devices will allow you to listen to music, and also allow you to use the headset for standard voice calls.

#4 ·
checking on dennison

Adapter
IPod Wiring Adapter
Listen to your iPod directly through your OEM stereo. Allows control of your iPod with the radio track and disc buttons.
For GEN II (chorus II, concert II, and symphony II) RNS-D radios
Brand: ES#:251288 Mfg#: 8E0051444A Qty:
In Stock
$168.96

DICE IPod Integration Kit - (No Satellite Radio)
Listen to and control your iPod with your factory radio!
Up to 2006 models without navigation - external CD changers must be disconnected and cannot be used
Brand: ES#:1896537 Mfg#: I-AUDI-R-5V Free Shipping Qty:
In Stock
$152.95

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.