Think of the best day youíve ever had in your entire life. Now multiply that by ten and thatís what Event #7 in the 2011 Colorado RallyCross series will be like. Join us for the SCCA National Challenge event on August 20-21 at the fabulous U.S. Truck Driving School in Fountain, Colorado. Match your driving skills against 80+ competitors from across the country (or at least the Front Range and Utah). Hereís the scoop on the event:
* Entry fee for the two-day event is $80 for SCCA members and $90 for non-members (includes a $10 SCCA weekend membership). Your entry fee includes a mouth-watering barbecue dinner Saturday evening and all the fresh, crisp Colorado air you can breathe.
* All competition vehicles must display a SCCA RallyCross windshield banner and two RallyCross bumper stickers (one on each side of the vehicle). Banners ($5) and stickers ($3 each) will be available at Registration.
* All vehicles must display car number and vehicle class on each side of the vehicle. And for all you blue tape slackers, spend some coin on magnetic numbers.
* Since this is a national event, there will be eight competition classes: Stock Front/Rear/All, Prepared Front/Rear/All, and Modified Two/All. Despite rumors to the contrary, there will not be a ďSpecialĒ class for wayward Berettas, ugly Volvos or any can driven by Jonathan Olschewski.
* Camping will be available on site after 5:00 PM Friday.
* Watch this site for updates on hotel discounts. The closest hotels are in Fountain and Pueblo
* Loaner helmets will be available at the event.
Two words about PRE-REGISTRATION
: DO IT! Be sure to pre-register
using the Registration tab above. No problem if you pre-register but arenít able to attend. There will be a $10 late fee for all day-of-event registrations.
Here is the tentative event schedule (subject to change):
7:30 AM Begin Registration, Tech and Course Walk
9:00 AM Class inspection
9:15 AM Welcome & Drivers Meeting
10:00 AM Heat 1 (Two run groups; 3-5 runs per group)
1:00 PM Lunch break (food available on site)
2:00 PM Heat 2 (Two run groups; 3-5 runs per group)
6:30 PM Dinner (provided on site)
8:00 AM Cars in grid
8:30 AM Drivers meeting
9:00 AM Heat 3 (Two run groups; 2-4 runs per group)
1:30 PM Competition ends
2:00 PM Awards Ceremony