When it happened:
I was sitting at a stop light, car ran great up to that point...then I tried to take off. The car misfired pretty badly, out of no-where. The car runs, but misfires badly under acceleration..I haven't gotten it above 30mph since the problem started.
Vag-Com Says Random Misfires, and misfire in cylinder #3 & #2. Got new coil pack, nothing solved.
- Fuel injectors are 440cc and are only 30k miles old
- Fuel pump less than 3k miles old
- Fuel filter less than 3k miles old
- Plugs less than two (2) miles old
- Car ticks a little bit - not sure if this is pre-existing
- Car has half tank of gas - dur!
- Unplugged MAF, still misfires
- Messed around with connections profusely (original wires), misfire cont's.
- Never misfires when COLD. Only after the car warms up
- It's not the injectors, I already switched #1 and #3, cylinder #3 misfire cont's.
- Logged Misfires on blocks 14-16, misfires ONLY on 2 & 3, no matter which configurations I arranged the coil packs (#1 to #3, #4 to #2, etc)
- AWB engine
- The 2001 A4 does not have an ICM (Ignition control module)
- 16795 P0411 Secondary Air Injection System (B2) - Incorrect Flow (This has been a re-appearing code, I have always cleared it, and it wouldn't pop up for weeks).
- 16684 P0300 Random Misfire Detected - Any Cylinder
- 16687 P0303 Cylinder #3 - Misfire Detected
- 16686 Cylinder #2 Misfire Detected - OCCASIONALLY
If anyone has had this problem, PLLLLLEASE speak up. I am so unfortunatelly low on cash right now it's disturbing...I can't have it towed
****I Update this first post as the thread goes along, all the info I know, is in this post***